Sunday, March 27, 2011

Support & hallways

Last night we went and spent the evening with our favorite people in Montesano! Chris was so sweet to make a meal that I was able to eat; BBQ'd steak with salad. It was delicious! The BBQ'd steak (made by the boys) makes me so anxious for summer time! Our kids had a fun time playing and destroying the toy room. Every time we get there, Addy automatically wants to change into dress up clothes. This is what we got last night:


Addy was a zombie last night until we left their house around 12:15 am! She was playing quietly with toys while all the other kids were sleeping. Needless to say, she woke up late this morning (10:30)!

As a side note, I'd like to say how thankful I am for all my supportive friends and family. Friday & Saturday nights we spent eating dinner at friend's houses and each time, they made the effort to support my food choices into their dinner plans. I love that and appreciate them so much for helping me along my journey!

We went and had "Family Lunch" this afternoon with Phil's family. It's always nice to get together since we don't often get to spend time with them. Phil's dad, Phil, who will be 91 this year, got to hear all about Addy's toys. She was so cute trying to speak clearly so he could hear and understand her.


Got home a little bit ago and started cleaning up some "catch all" areas. Threw away lots of little things; dried out pens, a broken flashlight, old batteries, old envelopes. It's amazing what we hold on to! Little by little, I'm getting rid of it all!

Ohhh! My hallway is DONE!!! I would like to hand some more pictures, but I need to figure out which ones. I did get a couple hung and I'd like to find a narrow hallway table or shelf to put in there...I'm on the hunt!
This is what the hallway looked like since we moved in. BLECK! Dark, boring, dreary. The door to the right is our bedroom. The door straight ahead is the main bathroom and there is a door to the left which is for Addy & Ross' room. There's also a little coat closet on the left.

This is after I filled in the grooves in the wood paneling with caulk. I think it was a wasted effort, because you can still see the lines after painting. Oh well!

This is after two coats of primer. I ended up doing one more just to be on the safe side. Wood paneling sucks!

And *TADA!* The finished hallway!!! I am amazed at how much bigger and brighter it seems. I should have done this years ago, but I really appreciate it now, so it's all good. :-)

This is a close up of the picture hanging on the main wall. My favorite wedding picture! :-)
I found this light switch cover in a box that I've had since I was in 5th grade. I don't know where or when I got this, but I decided to finally put it to good use. It's a tad "gaudy" but I think it's darling! Now I'm on the hunt for other new, fun, light switch covers. Keep your eyes open for me! :-)

Enough for now. Time to get back to my little project while the babes are sleeping.





2 comments:

  1. Neen....where did you throw the old, dead batteries? Very important not to send them to the land fill! There are several places you can take them, but the garbage cans are not one of them. I think Home Depot, maybe Walmart have disposal bins for them. Remember the small children that have swallowed round little watch/toy batteries and have had horrific injuries or death? Those acids leach into our soils,maim or kill whatever they come in contact with, so I've just sent you this FYI or a subtle little reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hallway looks GREAT! Well done you guys!

    p.s. my favorite wedding pic is your in your Converse shoes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete