Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random thoughts.

Ok. so let's start with this morning. I was "scheduled" to wake up at 3:50 am. I don't know what happened, but I didn't wake up till about 8:30 am! YIKES!!! Luckily, the bookstore was ok for baked goods, so I'll just go in tomorrow. WHOOPS!

My best friend and my sister came over for lunch today. I ended up making the roasted tomato soup for lunch and it turned out pretty good. I think it was missing "something" but I don't know what that "something" was...it was good though. We had a good time watching our cute kids playing and being crazy. I, proudly, have the only boy in the group and he is, by far, the LOUDEST, craziest kid of all! Poor Anna kept flinching when he'd SQUEEEEEEAL!!! Man, he's really like a velociraptor (dinosaur). :-/

I made a mean turkey meatloaf for dinner tonight. I didn't get to eat it till about 8pm, but it was good. I'm thankful today for my bro & his girlfriend for watching my kids so I could make it to the gym for BOTH classes tonight! So, I fed them dinner. Hope they liked it! I was dumb and only ate an apple w/ some cheese before working out and I was dying tonight! I definitely need to figure something out that works better to sustain me through the workouts. And I can't eat dinner so close to workout time or else I get a major side ache. Living and learning at the same time, I guess.

Speaking of the gym, OMG! (ohhh...did you hear that "OMG" is now a "word" in the dictionary??? UGH!) Anyways, we had a new trainer for the body cut class and she killed it! I was shaking during & after the class. She did high reps and cardio at the same time...I was DRIPPING sweat on the floor. It was fantastic! Then, we had a packed Zumba class. I thought I was going to throw up from not eating right, but I made it through. I kept slipping in my (or someone else's) sweat from the previous class (YIKES). I fear having to use my arms tomorrow. I think they will tremble with the memory of the body cut class! :-)

On a sad note, I watched Marie Osmond on Oprah this afternoon. She was there to talk about her son, Michael's suicide last year. What a horrible thing to have to go through. The guilt, the questions, the empty hole...I cannot even begin to imagine what that poor woman (and her family) have gone through. I think suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do, but I also believe that someone has to feel extremely desperate to feel the need to end their life. Depression is a real thing and if you are depressed, please talk to someone about it. Get help! Life truly is not as bad as it may feel at that point in time. I especially feel bad for kids these days. All the pressures of school, "friends", "love", etc. are a lot for kids to take. I remember being in high school and feeling that I knew everything and that I was going to be "this way" for the rest of my life. For most, once high school is over, all that crap that you went through is over too. Unless you're one of those weirdos that want to live their high school years for the rest of their lives (you know who I'm talking about!). I'm stepping off my soap box right now...

Addy just told me I "smell like poop"...so I'm taking that as my que to take a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment