Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 12...new projects

No gym tonight. Hubby got home late and I was so focused on my new project that I didn't even realize the time! I've decided I'm DONE with the "wood" paneling in my house, so I'm painting over it. If you've never been to my house, let me see if I can have you visualize it. I have wood (pine-ish? Real hardwood) floors, dark tung & groove ceiling throughout the entire house. The living room/dining room has half wood paneled walls (as if the person tired to do wainscoting? bleck!) and the bedrooms have one full paneled wall. The hallway, which is fairly small, is completely paneled. I'm starting there. It's the darkest, dreariest place in the whole house. Hopefully, some time tomorrow, it will be a shade called "Touch of Lemon." We've lived here for almost 5 years and haven't done many changes to the house, so it's about time. I have a LONG list of changes we'll start making and I can't wait!!! Nothing crazy, just tedious and time consuming. And most of it involving painting, which I loathe!

I've also decided it's time to get all the cr*p out of my house. All the knickknacks and misc. stuff is going. I'm sick of it! This weekend will be spent filling boxes and taking them to the thrift store.

I made a really good roasted pork loin for dinner. I made a "sauce" w/ Dijon mustard, sour cream, fresh ginger, and thyme and smeared it on the loin then roasted it for about 30 minutes till it was done. It was delish!

I'm in a mood tonight and I'm soooo ready for the kids to go to bed! >: [ 

No comments:

Post a Comment