Monday, March 28, 2011

IKEA!

Decided this morning that we would make the trek to IKEA! It's over 100 miles round trip, but always worth it! :-) I found a shelf unit for the hallway...what do you think?


I also was on the search for a kids table for Addy to play with Play-Doh. They had tables that were around $20...but while browsing the store, I found a PERFECT "side table" for $6.99!!! No joke! Take a look:

The stools are from IKEA also! They're light weight plastic and were only $7!!! Now I just need to find a suitable place for the table. (And by the way, I put all these bad boys together myself! They were super easy.)

*CONFESSIONAL*  I ate a cinnamon roll at IKEA! It was super yummy! :-) And I only feel a tiny bit bad.

No gym tonight. Got home too late and hadn't had dinner. I don't like to eat then go work out too soon. I get a tummy ache. But, I did manage to make a really amazing soup! Thai Shrimp Soup from the SBD book. Phil really loved it! I'm hoping I have enough for me to eat for lunch tomorrow. :-/

This week, I planned out all my meals. Wanna see what I'll be eating?
I got caught in TWO down-pours this afternoon while loading stuff into the car! I was SOAKED! But then was able to drive home with sunglasses on. Spring weather is so strange. My grass is growing like a weed, tulip's are starting to sprout and my garden is calling me to come dig around. MORE SUNSHINE PLEASE!!!

Time to take the dog for a walk. No gym = Casey gets to go roam the streets with Mommy. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow w/ some of my favorite gals! :-)




Meals for March 28 - April 1
Monday:
AM: V8, 4 oz yogurt, oatmeal, tea
Snack: ¾ cup strawberries, ½ cup cottage cheese
Lunch: Thai Shrimp Soup, salad
Snack: Hard boiled egg w/ bell pepper strips
Dinner: Steak w/ mushroom gravy, asparagus
Dessert: Chocolate Mousse, pg 256

Tuesday:
AM: V8, Turkey Stack (257), tea
Snack: Apple w/ cheese
Lunch: Leftover Thai Soup, salad
Snack: Meat & cheese roll
Dinner: Turkey meatloaf, salad
Dessert: Pudding cup (sugar free)

Wednesday:
AM: Veggie Quiches, V8, Tea
Snack: Strawberries w/ ½ cup Greek yogurt
Lunch: Tuna salad in hollowed out tomato (258)
Snack: meat & cheese roll w/ 5 olives
Dinner: Chicken breasts, steamed green beans & salad
Dessert:

Thursday:
AM: V8, English muffin (259), tea
Snack: 15 grapes w/ 1 oz cheese
Lunch: Roasted tomato soup (276), leftover chicken on salad w/ avocado
Snack: Raspberry shake (259)
Dinner: Veggie chili (224), salad
Dessert: 2 peanut butter & jelly cookies (297), 8oz milk

Friday:
AM: V8, cheddar melt (260), turkey sausage, tea
Snack: ¾ cup berries w/ 4 oz Greek yogurt
Lunch: Leftover chili w/ salad
Snack: Cheese stick w/ jicama & bell pepper strips
Dinner: Chicken breasts w/ couscous & salad.
Dessert: Pudding cup (sugar free)

As you can see, I'm eating a huge range of good foods. I haven't felt hungry once...unless I've gone too long between eating. I went and got all the ingredients for meals today and I'm all set for the week. I think I'll make all my snacks ahead of time (tonight) so I can just grab as I need. I bought the Fiber One yogurts yesterday and tried to eat one from breakfast this morning...it was a no go. It was horribly sweet! Bleck! I bought some Chobani Greek yogurt today at Costco and I like that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment