Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 10...I've been tempted!

Yes, I was tempted by birthday cake and I gave in. And it was delicious. But I stopped there! I had one small piece and it was great! Normally, I would have had a piece of both kinds of b-day cake after eating the nummy dinner that Kath made. I only ate salad instead of gorging myself on lasagna, ravioli, and garlic bread. We had a great time and that was all that mattered.

Spent a quite Sunday with the kids while hubby golfed with my dad. Got some laundry done, but the pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I despise laundry! Even more than dishes! I also made my list of spring cleaning that we need to get done around the house. I'll be adding a few items each day for my regular "chores" and I can't wait for the weather to get nicer so we can start working outside. We tore up our backyard last fall, so this spring/summer will be our first with our new lawn. We need to get it into tip-top shape! I'm ready for BBQ's and eating dinner outside.

I'm also ready for nightly walks. I'm kicking around the idea of doing a 5K. I'm not a runner, never have been, but I've always wanted to like it. So I'm going to start "training" for a 5K. That is one of my goals during this journey of mine and why not start now? I'm starting to get into better shape, so might as well try it out! There's a 5K that happens during Forrest Festival and that's at the end of May, so I think that's a good amount of time to work on it. Wish me luck! I'll need it! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment