Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 7...Yes I can!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Woke up at 4am! OUCH! Got to the bookstore, baked tons of goodies (should I tell you? Ok, I will...maple walnut scones, lemon poppyseed muffins, Carrot/Bran muffins, brownies, almond cream danishes, and cookies...mmmm) and no, I didn't eat any!

Got home, took my clothes off (sorry) and weighed in. Oh yeah baby! 6 lbs down in 1 week! I am super excited!!! I'm down a total of 10 lbs since I've joined the gym. :-) I know the first few weeks I will lose a lot of weight and then it will slow down. And I'm totally ok w/ that. I was just stoked to see that number on the scale and I had to count it 4 times to make sure it was right! hehe *Pat on back*

We have our friend Blake here for the day. He's 4 and he comes to play every Thursday. I thought I'd be brave and take all three kids to the store with me. Yeah, I doubt I'll be doing that again anytime soon. :-/ But, I am happy to announce that I got my corned beef & cabbage for St. Patty's day dinner tonight. Now, I doubt corned beef is a great choice for dinner (for me), but I'm going to eat a little and love every bite! We will be having a totally green themed dinner: (besides the corned beef), cabbage, asparagus, salad, endamame, honeydew melon, green grapes and maybe even some green sugar free jello for dessert. We'll see if Addy notices the theme. :-)

Also, at the store, I stocked up on all my emergency/disaster preparedness supplies! With all these earthquakes happening and the nuclear crap that's going down in Japan, I thought now's the time to do it. I won't live in fear, but I'll feel better knowing that if (when) something happens, my family will be able to stick it out for a few days. I hope this can get you motivated to get some sort of plan ready for your own family. There are MANY resources online that give great advice on what to stock up on and have ready for when a disaster strikes.

I'm really looking forward to Zumba tonight! 7pm won't come fast enough. Have a great day friends!

5 comments:

  1. Wow good job on the 6lb wieght loss for the week! You are doing an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neen, You and Aimee are so much alike, minus the diet planning that is. Both of you have these amazing writing skills and when sharing the tales of life's pitfalls and most beautiful moments, you bring joy and reflection to all of us. I log into your blog every day when I get home from my very busy days surrounded by fastpitch. I need an outlet and you light up my day. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Danielle & Kimer! I appreciate all your support and kind words. Thanks for letting me brighten your days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on your weight loss this week Janeen! I've lost 3lbs so far lol, but hey I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaleena, 3 lbs is GREAT!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete