Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 1...

Good morning! I started the morning off baking at the bookstore. Thank goodness I've got some self control because those Lemon Poppyseed muffins were so very tempting! (For those of you who don't know; I have been baking for Sage Bookstore for the past few months. I do all their baked goods in their newly added kitchen for their espresso counter.) I was up at 5:00am, down there for 2 hrs.

When I got home, I was starving! Thank goodness I had some mini "quiches" ready to eat. They are muffin sized crustless quiches that I made w/ chopped broccoli, red bell pepper, mushrooms & eggs and they are delicious!!

I'm going shopping today to stock up on 2 weeks worth of groceries. The 1st 2 weeks of the South Beach Diet (SBD) are the "toughest." No bread, pasta, potatoes, or even fruit. I read the book last night and it explained why this step is neccesary. It's to get my blood sugar levels regulated and knock out the cravings for sugar and bad carbs. After the first 2 wks, I will gradually add whole grains, good carbs & fruit back into my every day life.

 Ross is done w/ his breakfast! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment