Sunday, March 13, 2011

Proud day for me!

Today, it was rainy, dreary, and I had to be up early to bake. So I took my little man (his sister got to stay w/ Gramma & Papa last night) with me and he was amazing! He sat in his pack & play the entire time (3 hrs) and played w/ his trucks, watched me bake, and made cute faces (not hard for him). He didn't start to whine till it was just about time to go. Success!

We went to my friend's amazing baby shower in the afternoon. What a turnout! She was literally SHOWERED with gifts for her new baby girl. It was really fun to see her face light up as she opened all the darling gifts (she presently has 2 boys)! There was soooo many wonderful, delightful, scrumptious desserts for all to eat and I can honestly say, I did not even taste anything!!! I ate lunch before I left (a really great salad w/ grilled steak, bell peppers, cucumbers, & water chestnuts) so I wouldn't be hungry aka tempted! Thanks to Leslie & Taylor for trying to make me believe that the cupcakes were horrible :-) *wink wink* Success!

After the shower, we went to my sister's house for an impromptu dinner. My mom was going to make lasagna, but I reminded her that my sis & I weren't eating that stuff right now. So she was totally game to change her plans and make stir fry. OMG! Let me just say how much I LOVEEEEE stir fry!!! Broccoli, bok choy, asparagus, bell pepper, onions, ginger, garlic, steak...HEAVEN! It was beautiful and delicious! And I ate it without the rice. Success!

I'm feeling great about today. I'm right on track and excited for the week ahead. My hubby is going to try & be home in time for me to make it to Zumba tomorrow. I missed it all last week! So I'm totally ready to get back in there and shake it! Yes, like a Polaroid picture! Love OutKast! haha

I had my camera on me and I got so engrossed in my dinner that I forgot to take a picture of the stir fry masterpiece. I'm going to try and make that a habit to take photo's of good things throughout the day.

More tomorrow friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment