Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 14...Jumpin' for joy!

I just got home from Zumba and I feel great! My workouts this week weren't happening like I wanted to, but I was still overjoyed that I lost 6 lbs! I'm also excited to announce that my sister has lost 16 lbs also since her start of her journey! We were laughing so hard today because we've lost the same amount on the same day. We're excited to be going through this journey together. Every day or so, we'll text each other a new yummy something or other that we had to eat. Or even, "I really want a cookie! Tell me not to!" hehe

I'm trying to get better about taking more pictures. I think they make the post more "colorful." So let me start this off by saying - I LOVE to cook! "They" say that the mark of a good chef is one who knows how to cook an egg. Not just cook an egg, but REALLY cook an egg! Scrambled, poached, boiled, fried, quiche, etc. I'm not a huge fan of an omelet. If I ever order them in a restaurant, I'm always disappointed because they're runny. I HATE runny eggs! I don't care if that's how they're "supposed" to be! It totally grosses me out! So, today, I attempted (probably my 100th attempt) an omelet! I took my time, nice and easy and this is what I got....

For real! I was so freakin' happy! My first ever REAL omelet!!! And just for the record, those are 2 turkey sausage links...they look kinda lame sitting there by themselves. But they tasted really good! :-) I wonder if I can make a repeat for tomorrow's breakfast??

For dinner, I made a fantastic soup! I once again found the recipe on Kalyn's Kitchen. The recipe was for Chicken, Black Bean & Cilantro Soup and let me say, it was amazing! I should have made a double recipe because there's barely enough for tomorrow's lunch.

It was a little spicy, so if you're not a fan of spicy, be sure to use salsa that isn't too spicy. I did not add the Green Tabasco Sauce because I was afraid of it being too spicy for the kids and I was glad I left it out. I would add it for my own soup though. And be sure to not forget the lime juice!!! It MADE the soup!!!

Update on the Marshall's shopping experience: I received a phone call from the store manager today. She profusely apologized to me and was really embarrassed as to how I was treated. She was very nice and took full responsibility and said she has already had a meeting with her floor managers to correct this issue. I was very happy with our conversation and that she felt responsible for her team. She didn't blame anyone but vowed to take my criticism and fix it. She also offered me a 20% discount if I promise to come to the store again and let them try again. I was shocked and thankful that she offered that. So, soon, I will try again and let them "woo" me! :-)

I think that's it for now friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment