Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm back!

Good Monday morning! We spent the weekend up in Birch Bay, WA and got home late yesterday evening. I wish we could have stayed one more day, but oh well! We had a fantastic time and it was so very much needed for us to get away just the 4 of us. We left later than we wanted to on Friday. Phil's work schedule changed and we ended up leaving at 2:30pm to head north. Needless to say, Seattle traffic was a b*tch! Friday afternoon, pouring rain, blah, blah, blah...it "normally" should take a person about 4 hrs or so to get to our destination. This trip took us over 6! OUCH! The kids were troopers though and we only had to stop once to eat dinner! This is a view of what it took for Ross to not scream:

He loves his big sis! :-)
We stayed at a great condo right across the road from the bay. Our balcony had a wonderful view (from a distance, but still there).
The kids were really excited to be there. They had never been to a "hotel" or anything of the sort, so it was all new. Addy thought it was weird that there was a TV in our bedroom. haha

On Saturday, we made breakfast then we went for a drive around Birch Bay. We saw some amazing houses with spectacular views! We also went and explored the beach for a little bit. Unfortunately, I didn't come prepared and Addy was the only one w/ rubber boots, so we weren't able to explore as much as we wanted to. Plus, it was extremely windy and cold!


Oh boy...what did they find?

A tiny crab!!!
Besides being windy and cold, it was absolutely gorgeous on Saturday! The clouds drifted off around noon and we had sunshine!


Family photo!


After exploring got to be too cold, we went and had lunch then went back to our condo, changed into swimming suits (yes, I said SWIMMING suits!) and went down to the pool! We were so thankful that the pools were heated to bathtub temps! It was wonderful!

Being out of the pool was COLD!



We had so much fun swimming and Ross was even brave enough to jump off the edge into the pool. He LOVED it!! This makes me really anxious for summer to be here for more swimming with the kids.









We tried to stay down at the beach after dinner for the sunset, but it was just too windy and cold. So I was able to get a couple of good shots, but the sky turned pink and we enjoyed it from our condo.

She loves Daddy's shoes.

We had a great time this weekend and we are looking forward to more mini vacations this summer.

Now, on to my confessional time:

Oh boy did I fall off the bandwagon this weekend! I'm pretty sure I gained 5 lbs back and I'm not even joking. We did not eat well (healthy) this weekend at all. Snacks, treats, etc...and I'm a little sad about that fact, but it's ok. I'm back on today and will work really hard so that by Thursday, I should see some loss!

I woke up this morning and did Zumba in my living room. I purchased the Zumba DVD set awhile back and I hope to get started using it again. Do you think doing Zumba twice a day will be bad? Ehhh...I'll do it this week and see where it gets me. I also figure that if I can't make it to the gym at night, at least I've got some sweat time in.

I'm going to start back onto the first 2 week program of South Beach. I went crazy this weekend and need to get back on track. So this morning, I made a yummy omelet with asparagus and lite cream cheese. It was delicious!!!

The rain is really starting to wear on me. I got a dose of sunshine this weekend, but it wasn't around for long enough. I need a FULL weekend of dry, sunny weather!!! I'm in desperate need to get my garden in order. We need to get it moved to the other corner of the yard and get it planted. I'm going to get my seeds started this week. Produce prices are killing me so I will be extra thankful for a nice garden this year! Last year was horrible!

Ok, I think this post is long enough. I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment