Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ouchie #2...

Today, we had an extremely rough day!

We started off great going to Grandma's house for lunch w/ my sister and her kids. Everything was going great until Ross decided it was time to take a fabulous tumble down the full flight of stairs. I ran to the base and found him face down, screaming into the carpeted landing. For a mili-second, my mind thought "should I move him?" but the my instincts just took over and I scooped him up. He was screaming, kicking his legs, sweating and sobbing. I was sick to my stomach. My head kept telling me, "he's ok, he's ok..." So I sat with him and rocked back and forth till he calmed down for a little bit. I thought he was fine, so I figured I'd try to feed him lunch. He started screaming when I picked him up. I rocked with him a little more, got him calmed down enough to doze off. Laid him on the chair to sleep, he woke up screaming! Then that little voice said "maybe he needs to go to the hospital?" Yep, off to the ER we go.

So thankful for friends and family who do what they can to help. My sister kept my niece then my best friend met her at work to take her for the rest of the day. Also thankful that kids falling down a flight of stairs and not having any "visible" injuries is a priority in the ER! There were soooo many people in the ER I was figuring we'd be in there all day. Nope, we got right in. The doctor came in a few minutes later. I thought, at first, it was his arm/wrist. Then while picking him up, I thought it was his ribs. When the Dr. checked him out, he thought it was his shoulder. After X-rays, it was determined that he fractured his collarbone! My poor baby!

There is really nothing they can do for him but give him Motrin and a sling (if he'll wear it). I couldn't help but take pictures of him with the sling. I think it's pretty darn cute!

He was a trooper wearing it today, but wasn't using it to it's full potential. He also didn't figure out that if he uses that arm to push him self up, it's going to hurt! He spent a LOT of time cuddling with me today and that never happens! I loved it!

All in all, it was a stressful day, but I am so thankful that the only thing wrong was a broken collarbone. It could have been so much worse!!!


Also, thankful for the blankey!

No comments:

Post a Comment