Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hodgepodge...misc....cornucopia...

My mission has begun! I found the most AMAZING, BESTEST, INSPIRING & INFORMATIVE blog today and I am HOOKED!!! 100 Days of Real Food is a blog that a lady did with her family back in 2010. The challenged themselves to eat REAL food (no preservatives, additives, fake crap, PERIOD) for 100 days. The blog has recipes, tips, tricks, ideas and inspiration for anyone who may even be interested in changing their eating habits. After the 100 days was up, they decided to do the same thing but 100 Days of Real Food on a Budget. I am floored that I found this today! You have to check it out. It is shocking how much food is out there that is marketed as "good for you" but it's actually horrible! That's why we need to start eating more REAL food!

I was already planning on doing a "real food cleanse" that I wrote about yesterday and today I started. I stayed on track of the meal plan for the week except for one thing: I didn't pay attention to the time and didn't have enough time to cook the chicken that was needed for my lunch today. So instead, I had 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 apple, 1 oz cheese, 1 celery stick w/ 1 tbl natural peanut butter and water. Our dinner tonight was delicious! A creamy asparagus soup. It was soooo easy and really tasty.

I went to Zumba tonight and man, what a great workout! I was dripping sweat on the floor. Sweat was hanging from my eyelashes! My ARMS were dripping sweat! AMAZING!!! Michelle, our instructor for the evening, took a moment before class started to give a "pep" talk to the class. She reminded me of a really excited preacher giving a really exciting sermon to a flock of willing followers. She spoke about setting goals and having obstacles getting in your way. Instead of getting discouraged and giving up, look at those obstacles and get excited! Get excited by the fact that the enemy is taking all the shots he can at you and will do whatever he can to get you off course. If the enemy is trying soooo hard to get you off course, that means you're on the right path! So jump that hurdle, climb that mountain and keep on trudging...you have a GOAL to reach! I needed to hear those words today. It's amazing how those messages come right at the right time. :-) AMAZING!

Funny story time: Tonight, while we were eating dinner, Ross (who's 1) was chowing down and all of a sudden, he burped. A loud, powerful burp! One Mommy would be proud of. Then, he said "WHOA!!!" and his eyes were really big because it shocked him. It was sooo funny and Phil and I just laughed and laughed.

Disturbing story time: How often do you clean your makeup brushes? Once a week? Once a month? Clean makeup brushes? What? Why would I do that, you ask? Well let me be honest here: I have NEVER fully cleaned my makeup brushes. Ewwww is right! But last night, as I was complaining about my skin being so bad, I had a thought. "Maybe it's your makeup brushes?" So, I went straight to my bathroom, grabbed some baby wash and was horrified (or terrified, as Addy would say)! My entire sink was a brownish/pinkish mess. There was rivers of color coming out of the brushes. AHHHHH!!! So, after much time spent washing and rinsing and washing and rinsing again, the water ran clear. I shook them out and laid them down wondering if this would help. This morning, when I went to apply my face, I noticed a HUGE difference!!! Not in my skin, but in the light, feathery, soft feel of the bristles brushing my makeup on. I was happy and grossed out at the same time! YUCK! All those YEARS of makeup, facial oil, moisturizer, blah, blah, blah...getting spread around my face every day! So...here's my lesson for today: Go and wash your makeup brushes NOW!!! Baby wash, a gentle shampoo, or Cetaphil should do the trick just fine. Just be sure to rinse well and don't disturb the bristles too much (especially if they are natural). Shake out the excess water and lay w/ the bristled end off the counter (I placed mine on a comb). I'm assuming now, after this experiment, that this is part of my breakout problems. So, hoping to report back soon that I see a difference. :-)

Off for a snack I go. Please, go check out the 100 Days of Real Food blog. It's inspiring and a great challenge! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment