Saturday, April 9, 2011

La-de-dah-de-dahhhhhh

Ok, so I have to be honest. I'm not doing too hot. Physically, I'm fine. Emotionally, I'm ok. But the fire under my butt has burnt out and I feel lost. I just want to eat crap all the time and I don't care. Why? Why do I do this after I was doing sooooo amazingly well? Do you have the answers? Fill me in if you do.

I really want to get back on track but keep coming up w/ "excuses."

Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm going to start it as a new day. My goal for tomorrow: Drink 3 bottles of water (work out bottles). I've really been slacking on the "agua-purificada" (Shrek 4, Rumpelstiltskin anyone???) lately and definitely need to be drinking more. I drink it mostly when at the gym, but I know I need to be drinking it throughout the day.

My elbow is still bothering me. I can't extend my arm all the way without it hurting. Feels like a hot poker being forced into the end of my bicep and forearm. I'm wondering what I should do???

Ross is doing well with his collarbone injury. You can definitely see that it hurts him, especially when he tries to use it. And if he's not wearing his sling, he holds his arm closely to his side. It's amazing how a baby instinctively knows how to try and shield their body from pain. But then will run and jump around like a crazy person. :-)

Addy woke up from her nap today, complaining about her legs hurting. I told her it's because she's growing. She said "I don't want to grow anymore!" Poor baby. I'm sure that is part of the reason her legs hurt, but she also went for a very long walk today w/ my sister, Mom, and cousins. She was exhausted and took a 3 hour nap.

We had some wonderful friends over for dinner tonight. I made Shredded Beef Tacos and they were delicious! Check out the recipe; I promise you'll love them! I went to the tortilla factory downtown and bought fresh flour tortillas. They were nummy!

Speaking of "nummy," I have to wake up and go bake tomorrow. Time to go to bed! 

Here's to me, getting back on track! *Cheers!*

4 comments:

  1. This is gonna sound over simplified but when I lost weight last year ( which I have gained over half of it back over the year uggh) I was on a mission and what really helped me was having carrots sticks and sugar snap peas available at all times. I would shove them in my mouth anytime I felt like cheating. It helped with that need to comfort myself with food. And I banned all Chips (or pig food as I call it)from the house, absolutely no chips were to enter. ;) You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, YAY!!!! I finallllly figured out how to get my computer to allow me to do this - dumb "popups"

    Even better - I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    Okay, I have a brain storm...
    You have this perfect goal of 30 By 30. What if subconciously you're ups and downs are because it's not "permanent" in the back of your mind since you have a deadline? What if you use the goal to meet the deadline as a training tool to set you up for the changes you want to make permanently, even after your birthday? It sounds good but does it make sense... Hmm...
    Also, from a wise source many years back, start using a sewing measuring tape :) Weigh-ins every week are a ton of pressure, unless you like it, then keep doin' it. Measuring is far more friendly to women than scales are. I think women should only have a kitchen scale and use the measuring tape for the body. Plus, I always drop scales and break them, UGH!

    Let me know if you want me to carry matches for you... LOVE YOU, KEEP IT UP CUZ UR AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mimi - Thanks for the helpful tip. I need to find something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aim - woo hoo! Congrats on getting it to work. Thanks for the comment. For me, the 30 by 30 goal is just a starting point. I have way more to lose than that. It's just a "mini" goal. But you're right, maybe the subconcious side of me is taking over? Bleh! Who knows. And I completely agree in the measuring tape. I honestly don't care about the # on the scale. I just want to drop a few clothing sizes and be more comfortable. Thanks for having my back and I'll call you if I need the matches! hehe Love you too

    ReplyDelete