Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Wake up in the morning feelin' like P. Diddy...."

This is my jam! (Make sure your volume is ON! and please have the music playing while reading :-)

Yes! Day one of "Operation: Get my A$$ movin'" has been a success. I woke up at 5:30am, got dressed, ate some cereal, did a little bit of work, then went for a walk with a girlfriend. 4 miles in one hour = not too shabby!

It's amazing how much a person can get accomplished in one day when you wake up and the first thing you do is go for a walk. Your exercise is done for the day. You can take a shower and be ready to go by 7:30am. Wonderful!

As I posted last night, I did go for a walk down to the bookstore. Wednesday nights are my cleaning night. I don't know exactly how far of a walk it is, but it's going down a rather long hill and coming back up that said hill on the way home. It's a fantastic walk. I just wish I had my dog with me. Not that I don't feel "safe"...I would just feel "safer" having Casey boy by my side.
He's such a good boy!

I am so thankful to all of my friends who took the time to read my blog and send me words of encouragement. They really all mean a lot to me!

Last night's post was really rather whiny and I'd like to clarify some things: I KNOW that I am not the only one who has these "issues." I know there are many people out there who feel the same as I do. I also know that a lot of people choose to whine about being "fat" (whether that be 5 lbs overweight or 300 lbs) and they will continue to whine and not do anything to better themselves. I will NEVER be a size 2 or 4 or 6 or whatever. The only thing I want for myself is to be healthy in this body that I have. Right now, I am not healthy. The extra weight I have on my body is hurting me. Physically and emotionally. I've always been a "strong" woman and am fairly confident in myself. But I've noticed over the past few years, I hide from the camera because I'm mortified of what I will see. When I look at myself in the mirror, I can think, "Ok, I look good today." but if I see a picture of myself right then and there, I'm humiliated. I really have some body dis-morphia. I see myself as being "thinner" than what I really am. I'm not asking for you to feel sorry for me. The only thing I'm asking you for is to support me and cheer me on. Also, what can YOU do today to make your life better? Walk up those stairs? Take a 10 minute walk? Park in the farthest stall at the grocery store and walk? There are so many "little" things that can add up to so much more.

That's enough for today...

As a side note: I need to finally breakdown and get an I-pod....I need the musical accompaniment for my walks. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs Janeen because they are so honest. I should have been exercising this entire last 6-7 months, but decided the couch was much better...but tonight I finally did my prenatal yoga DVD and it felt great, I haven't done my yoga in so long I forgot how good it felt, even a modified version. Good job on taking your walk and taking it a day at time is the best thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaleena, thank you for reading! I'm so glad you're back to doing your yoga. I should start back up with mine too! It really is a great workout. :-) It'll be so great for you to do excersizes like that...w/ that baby boy growing in your belly! :-)

    ReplyDelete