Thursday, September 29, 2011

What a day...

Wow, today is Thursday....well, it's almost over...and I couldn't be happier! What a DAY!!!

I had two houses to clean (not including my own...but that's a whole different story), lots of driving around...and a horrible, HORRIBLE accident. Let me explain:

My first house of the day is for my favorite elderly couple. They are in their mid 80's and are just darling. They have me come and clean for them once a month. My second house is a brand new client! YAY!!! I was just about finished with the house when I decided to clean the window behind the kitchen sink. I couldn't quite reach, so I hopped up on the counter to get a little closer. Well, imagine this: my "womanly" frame, "hopping" (pssha) up on to the counter...and then slipping! Do not ask me how I slipped...I have NO clue...but my hand came out from under me and down I went...right into the sink! Only to freakin' BREAK the freakin' faucet!!!! Yes, you read that right: I broke the kitchen faucet! Now, have you ever done this? If not, let me tell you what happens when someone breaks the faucet of a sink: WATER....SPRAYS........EVERYWHERE!!!!!! There was a straight up STREAM of water zooming it's way across the freshly cleaned house! "OMG!!! What I am going to do!!!???" Luckily, I still had the *Norwex Enviro cloth* I was using to clean the window with in my hand. I clamped that down over the open faucet and threw open the cabinet to get to the water line. Thank God I could reach it...just barely! "Righty-tighty, Lefty-loosey." was running through my head...why won't it turn off??? "Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey!" I was going the wrong way!!! After what felt like 20 minutes (which was probably more like 1 minute) the water was off. I was SOAKED, the kitchen was SOAKED...SHIT! This is my FIRST time cleaning this house!!! Are you FREAKING kidding me!?!? So, what do I do in situations like this? Yep, you guessed it...."Hey Dad, I have a TINY little problem!" (Hum the super-hero theme song of your choice here) Thank GOD for amazing Dad's who will STILL come to the rescue of their 30 year old, grown ass woman of a daughter! :-)

After realizing that, yes, the faucet really is broken and he can't fix it, Dad offers to go buy a new one and replace it. By this time, I've gotten ahold of the homeowner and told her what happened. Now let me just say this: once again, THANK GOD for kind and understanding people! Her first response was, "Are you hurt?" then she proceeded to tell me that it's really ok, they are going to replace it anyways. I was extremely embarrassed and it took all my strength to not cry. I am so thankful that there are people out there who are kind and understanding. She could have yelled, freaked out and Lord knows what else...yet her main concern was me. Was I ok? Yes, I am fine...besides the bruised ego. So here's my lesson for the day: think about it before freaking out over something. Is it REALLY worth it? Does that person already feel terrible enough as it is? Most likely, yes.

On to other news: jogging! My first 5k is coming up this Saturday (eeeekkkk!) and I'm really excited! A little nervous, but really excited! Tuesday, I jogged down to the bookstore to bake. Jogging downhill is TOUGH! Let along jogging on cement after previously jogging on a rubber track. HUGE difference! My body was pretty sore the next day. Tonight, after my stressful day and an EXTREMELY cranky, whiny, tired, grumpy, teething boy, I decided to "treat" myself to a jog. Oh yes! From my house to the corner of John's Prairie and Brockdale. Pretty good click if you ask me. :-)

Now, I must go to the store. Addy has decided that she wants ham and cheese for tomorrow's lunch...and we have no ham! :-)

Hoping you all have a fantastic Friday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment