Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today...

5:15 am came way too early this morning! I was NOT wanting to get out of bed, but I did. I stumbled through the bedroom to get my workout clothes. Rubbed my eyes to awaken them. Got my water bottle filled. The only thing I wanted to do was to crawl back into bed. But, I had other plans that I couldn't break.

The track. To me, the track is a place of fear and disappointment. The track is not made for people "like me." It was still dark and a little chilly. I prayed, "God, please let me have the strength and desire to jog. Just one lap! Please give me the drive to finish." I started off, mind you, really slow. I wasn't exaggerating yesterday when I spoke of being a penguin. Half way through, my head tells me, "Yes, half way there. Almost through." My body feels good. Then, to my utter surprise, the "finish" line is right there! OMG! I just jogged the entire track!!! WHAT? I literally jumped for joy!!! Ok, I'm not done. I can keep going....and keep going I did. 4 laps total...then a couple minutes walking, then more jogging. Oh yes...32 minutes of mostly jogging around the track that has "defeated" me since 8th grade. No more! I am completely elated. My body is pretty sore. I definitely need new shoes. But the sore legs will only get stronger. Tomorrow will be a walk only day, but Friday, I'll be back (Schwarzenegger style).

I just have to say this and please don't read to much into it. If you get offended, that's not my problem. This jog today, yes, I did it! I did the actual work. I believe that God was my support through it. And last but definitely not least, my good friend Amber was the inspiration behind this. And for this, I will sign out by saying loud and proud:

I LOVE COCK! (Amber's Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment