Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Walk This Wayyy!"

I love that I can "usually" come up with a theme song for whatever it is I want to talk/rant/blab about. Usually, it's fitting, other times, it's just silly. But whatever. I love music! I may not know the title, the artist, the year it came out, or even the correct words. To me, music is powerful. My husband (he shall remain un-named) LOVES to listen to hard rock (Disturbed anyone?). He's so funny when he hears a crazy, scary song come on. His whole persona changes. He gets this crazy look in his eyes and he snarls his lip. He starts to rock his body and shake his head...and then he starts to "sing." The worst part about  "un-named" is when he hears that "music" he changes. He's normally happy-go-lucky but when that stuff comes on...he's angry. Not at anyone/anything in particular, just angry, snappy, short. Needless to say, we don't listen to THAT kind of music in the house. Once, while up in P.A. for a men's slow pitch tournament, we were at a bar, when "un-named" decided it was time to play some "Disturbed." It was amazing what happened next: the crowd started visually changing. I swear, you'd have thought all the "men" got hit up with a shot of testosterone and they all started snarling at each other and wanting to fight. I'm not joking. One minute, totally happy, clapping each other on the backs after a long, hard day of softball and the next, wanting to scrap like dogs. Like I said, music is powerful. Have you ever heard a song that sends chills up your spine? Or goosebumps down your arms? I love that!!!

Ok, I have NO clue where that all came from...but onto another topic: running.

Ok, running, to me, is hell. I've NEVER liked running, but have always wanted to LOVE it. I have huge boobs so running will probably never be "pleasant." My girlfriend Gretchen and I are going to sign up for a half marathon in May. My "niece" and her husband are doing it and told me about it and I thought, "hey, it scares the crap outta me, so let's do it!" So guess what? Gretchen and I are hopping in the car at 5:30am tomorrow morning and going to the track to start jogging. I was just reading something about people learning to jog/run. They called slow runners "penguins." hehe I find that endearing. I'd totally rather be a "penguin" than a "slogger." (slow jogger) LOL So, I'm sure I'll fill you all in tomorrow sometime on how our first day of being a penguin went. :-)

Just got home for a nice 3 mile walk with the family. What a beautiful evening we had to be outside. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment