Sunday, July 17, 2011

Peanut Butter is the theme today.

Seriously, today has been the LONGEST day EVERRRR!!! Let me explain:

Last night, we had an epic girl's night. So much laughter, my stomach muscles are actually sore! That's how much fun it was. Now, normally, I don't consume alcohol. I had wayyyyy to many "incidents" in the hay day of my "youth" where I have chosen to not drink alcoholic beverages in excess anymore. I haven't been drunk in YEARS! Nor do I miss it. So last night, I had a couple (let's be honest here....I opened 3 bottles of "margaritas" but at the end of the night, each of those 3 bottles had about 1/4 left in there...you do the math) of beverages. Those couple made the giggles that much more funny! hehe So, I get home late and my house is EMPTY!!! When I say empty, I mean, hubby is camping, Ross is at my brother's, and Addy is at my sister's. It was just me, the dog and the cat. I had a plan to sleep in!!! Well, 8:30 am rolls around (not enough sleep for me) and my mom calls telling me she forgot her key and needs to get something out of my freezer. UGH!!! No more sleeping for this lady. Thus, the start of my day.

I had it all planned out: Hubby was going to get home around 10am from camping, I'd leave, go bake for a couple hours at the bookstore, go to the grocery store to stock up for my hubby so he doesn't starve while I'm on vacation (more on that later), come home, clean up the house, get packed, have a nice dinner, get the kids to bed and have some quiet, quality time with my hubby before going off to la-la land early so I can wake up early and head off to my vacation. This...is what happened in reality:


Hubby pulls in around 2:30 PM (not 10 as I had PLANNED). During the morning/afternoon, I was able to clean up the house. Kids took a nap so it was easy, but I didn't make it to the grocery store. I get to the bookstore at 2:45-ish only to find out that, eh-hem, someone didn't pick up the groceries that I needed to bake and stock up for my week long absence. Freakin' A!!! After throwing a mild temper tantrum, I bake for a while, then run out of stuff, so I run to the dreaded Walmart. Ugh! Get my groceries, come back to the store and guess what? Yes, I'm still here!!! Guess what time it is: 8:40 PM. You do the math! I'm almost done, working on my last batch of peanut butter cookies when I realize "Shit! I put TOO much butter in the batter! SHIT! Now I have to QUADRUPLE the rest of the ingredients and now I have a freakin' QUADRUPLE sized batch of freakin' peanut butter cookies!!" So, I'm taking a mild break from rolling out a freaking quadruple batch of cookie dough.

Right now, my baked items equal this: 3 coffee cakes, a dozen maple walnut scones, 18 lemon poppy seed muffins, a dozen blueberry muffins, and a double batch of choc. chip cookie dough, single batch of oatmeal craisin cookie dough and a freakin' quadruple batch of, yes, you know it, peanut butter freakin' cookie dough! I'm in need of a vacation!

Speaking of vacation, did I tell you I'm leaving tomorrow morning??? Yes, the kids and I are heading to Lake Chelan for the week with my parents. Poor hubby has to stay home and work :-( But I'm REALLY excited! Especially for the fact that it's acting like fall here and it's supposed to be summer over there. I need some SUN!!! Sun, swimming, lounging, reading, sleeping....perfect recipe for me!

Now, back to my weight loss efforts: I wanted to walk every day, but I had the excuse of the fall like weather we've been having. Downpours! Wind! NO THANK YOU!!! I was not going to subject my children to an hour and a half walk in the rain. So, I didn't walk as much as I wanted to this week. But, I plan to walk every morning while on vacation. There are some beautiful areas where we will be staying and I fully intend to take advantage of it.

Ok, my break is over. Off to roll out some more peanut butter cookies. Hey, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and get a coffee and PB cookie from Sage Bookstore this week....they'll have PLENTY! :-)

1 comment:

  1. OH Neener! You gave me quite a chuckle! Sorry you're so frustrated! Enjoy your MUCH needed vacation!! Danny's fiancee is there, you might run into her? LOL

    ReplyDelete